The following is a general guide to when to post on different social networks. However, keep in mind that your audience demographics, industry, and geographic location may differ. In addition, consider the age, work schedule, and time zone of your audience.
When should you post?
- Facebook: Weekdays between 9am and 3pm
- Twitter: Weekdays between 9am and 11am
- Instagram: Weekdays between 10am and 3pm
- LinkedIn: Weekdays between 8am-10am and 12pm-2pm
- Pinterest: Saturday mornings and weekdays between 8pm-11pm
- TikTok: Weekdays between 6pm-10pm and weekends between 10am-2pm.
Best references for more guidelines and insights
- Hootsuite: https://blog.hootsuite.com/best-time-to-post-on-facebook-twitter-instagram/
- Sprout Social: https://sproutsocial.com/insights/best-times-to-post-on-social-media/
- CoSchedule: https://coschedule.com/blog/best-time-to-post-on-social-media/
- Later: https://later.com/blog/best-time-to-post-on-instagram/
- HubSpot: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/best-times-to-post-on-social-media
- Buffer: https://buffer.com/library/best-time-to-post-on-social-media/
These sources use data from their own studies, experiences or other reputable sources to determine the best times to post on social media.